Health and Hygiene:
Prevention is better than cure
There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. Recommended everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases include:
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
· Stay home when you are sick.
· Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
· Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
· If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
· Follow recommendations for using a facemask.
It is not recommended that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19. Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers (at home or in a health care facility).
Education and health are very deeply connected. We see many students with a lot of potential have to suﬀer because of poor health issues. We have given the utmost importance on the issue of creating the awareness not just among the parents but also among the students to loo after their health and hygiene. Our curriculum is also aligned with this eﬀort and teaches students to be cautious with their health and hygiene. It is ensured that no substandard eatables are placed at cafeteria and frequent checkups are carried out to counter check the quality of products there. On the other hand, parents are encouraged to send kids with the healthy fruits and lunch from home. Not just this reduces the chance of diseases and infections but also it promotes a clean and safer environment.